On The Edge Fitness Educators

Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Sucrose/Fructose Addiction - Can you give it up?

The question is can you give up processed foods which contain surcrose and fructose? I bet you will find it quite difficult especially if your diet happens to contain a lot of processed foods. I just recently jumped on the no processed foods bandwagon and I am shocked at how much of that stuff contains sucrose, sodium and a whole host of other chemicals inhibiting my good health.

I guess it's not uncommon for people to take on new years resolutions at this time of year. Mine is to eat cleaner which means whole, fresh organic fruits and vegetables and more nutrient dense proteins. I have discovered Whey Protein Isolate as a good source of dietary protein and its made a huge difference in my energy and bringing some balance back to my diet. I wasn't getting enough protein.

Back to the sucrose/fructose challenge. What do you think? Are you up for it? Can you give up the refined, processed foods and eat healthier? Let me know what you think.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Beau said…

    I have been cutting processed foods out of my diet for the last 3 years and am now totally off of them. Organic chocolate and honey are good for a sweet tooth. It takes time to allways prepare fresh food and effort to allways have food on me but it is worth it! Time is one thing that we all have in common; so energy is the factor that sets us apart, with this raw organic food diet I have endless natural energy and am finding time to DO many things that used to be SHOULDS. Whey Protiens cause intestinal Toximia which makes you crave processed foods refined sugars, yeasts and many other negative side affects. I use Manitoba Harvest's Hemp protien and oil; the best protien source. Good stuff!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home